Thursday 16 July 2009

Choosing Joy

Thanks to all those who encouraged me after my last post. I am really encouraged.

God has been speaking to me about my purpose and my calling, about why he created us. Everyone is going through stuff. There are those who want kids, jobs, husbands, financial break through, bigger house, food, liberation, you name it.
What is really our purpose? To seek these things? No, we were created for one reason and one reason only, to worship him, to seek his kingdom first and he will then add all these other things Including kids! to us.

My primary focus now is to seek him for who he his, I have found tremendous Joy from being in his presence. I am being healed daily and it's so surprising to me the relief I get from being with him why didn't I know this before I ask? Because I was seeking him for my needs, not for who he is.

He has made me stronger, better and more joyful, I have come to the point where I will no longer question but choose to trust!

He has shown me that If I cannot be joyful and happy now without kids, what makes me think that I will be Joyful and happy when I have them with all the responsibilities, sleepless nights, thoughts of child care, and other challenges that comes with being a parent.

I have decided to be Joyful on purpose, yes offense will come, people will get pregnant, have kids, get married, move house, I am choosing Joy and just like the song by Mary, Mary, "I've cried my last tears, yesterday" "cos I've decided to trust God"

I am choosing Joy, because he is my all in all, my peace, my righteousness, my healer, my redeemer, because in him I live, move and have my being. Therefore my job is to serve him with gladness and trust that whatever he is doing is going to work out for my good just like he said.

So I encourage everyone who is waiting on the Lord for children, husbands, jobs, healing, financial breakthrough, seek him first because with him comes all these things.

3 comments:

Straight from the heart said...

Only God can give you this Joy, as you trust him he'll bring it to pass.

Olufunke said...

I learn t soemthing from this post, a reminder of the things I seem to have forgotten

'My primary focus now is to seek him for who he his, I have found tremedous Joy from being in his presence'

I pray God help me seek Him FIRST!
How are you doing?d

David C Brown said...

Very true - and when you come to rough times, as you will, you can come back to this. God is going to conform us who trust in the Lord Jesus to the image of His Son!

Open Hearts

Open Hearts
In Gratitude